Cynthia had gone for her routine workout that morning when she caught sight of Kayode jogging beside her and urging her to keep pace. As they shook hands when they both stopped to catch their breath, there was an instant connection. As they got talking, Cynthia realized she might just have found the “one” and Kayode too said he “had never felt love like this before. In the next couple of months, they were inseparable.
Kayode was eager to introduce Cynthia to his older sister Kate, who was his only relative in town. A date was fixed and Cynthia could not wait to meet her future sister in-law as they were already discussing marriage. They ‘’couple’’ arrived Kate’s house and as the doorbell rang and Kate opened the door, Kayode watched in astonishment as his older sister flew into Cynthia’s arms screaming “ Aunty Cynthia”.
To wrap up the story, Cynthia had been Kate’s school mother in secondary school and was 3 years older than Kate (her fiancé elder sister). In fact, as Kate will derogatorily put it, “Cynthia, this is Kayode that used to run around naked when we go to my house during our hostel outing days. Remember how he used to cry, wanting to follow us back to school those days? And how we will buy him ice cream to distract him and sneak out’’? That began a long road of emotional and physical blackmail from Kayode’s family to Cynthia.
Now, Kayode was a focused young man who knew what he wanted and fought for it. 1 year later, albeit the opposition from his family, he married Cynthia. She was 7 years older. 10 years down the line, Kayode described his marriage to Cynthia as the best decision he had ever made in life.
With an online statistics showing that the man is older in 64% of heterosexual couples, an age gap in which the woman is significantly older in a relationship is still somewhat unusual in most cultures. Notwithstanding this cultural objection, more and more couples with significant age differences are getting together and building successful families. This article highlights
7 Positives of Marrying an Older Woman.
- Sexual Compatibility –It is generally believed that women’s sexual hormones peak in their 30s while men peak at 18. How is this case for marrying an older woman? Well, since women reach their sexual peak much later in life than men, this might make a younger man and an older woman to be perfectly in sync sexually. Moreso, older women know what they want sexually and are not shy of letting their partners know. Ever wondered how the word ‘’cougars’’ came to be?
- Wisdom – An older woman has heard all the pickup lines and can more easily tell if a potential partner is genuine or not. An older woman can give you excellent financial and career advice that a younger woman or a woman your age might not have. Experience is still the best teacher.
- Maturity-She has had her fair share of life’s issues which tends to give one a certain kind of maturity. She is less likely to pick a fight over trivias and not as likely to have an affair as she should have gotten that out of her system.
- Better Parenting- Parenting requires great experience and maturity. Dealing with tantrums, emergency health issues and setting boundaries all require great maturity. A 40-something is more likely to have that maturity than a 20-something. She must have nurtured a lot of nieces and nephews and have garnered all the experience which will make parenting easier for both of you.
- Financial Stability- The older woman is more likely to be financially stable and less likely to depend on her partner for her financial needs. They are skewed entrepreneurs and more likely to give more attention to detail. So marrying an older woman will help you have shared responsibilities financially. An experienced career wife can offer her mate confidential career advice that may not be possible from peers.
- Social Poise – Older women are more poised in social gatherings and are less likely to cause an embarrassment to their partners at a social function. They are mostly very polished, dignified, and trustworthy.
- Health compatibility– According to the United States National Center for Health Statistics, women live 5 years longer than men and are less likely to die of any of the top ten leading cause of death. This is not lifestyle depended, but caused by biology. So it is safe to say a man whose partner is 5 years older is married to his physiological equal. There are more than 5 widows for every widower alive. So a man who marries a woman five years or some older will realize later in life that they are health peers and will fade away together.
Now you know marrying an older woman is not all bad news as society will have us belief. Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don’t mind, then it doesn’t matter.