In normal conditions uterus does not hold any fluids in its cavity. During pregnancy, the amniotic sac holds the amniotic fluid. Apart from this, fluid gets accumulated in the uterus in the form of fibroids or polyps. Some non- malignant condition can cause retention of fluid in the uterus. People with pelvic inflammatory diseases caused by bacterial infection also experience retention of fluid in uterus. This is known as fluid in uterus. When fluid is present in the uterus it is a cause for worry. The danger of the condition is that most women may not be aware of the fluid retention in their uterus. Sometimes inflammation of the uterine tissues also occurs. The condition can be identified with the symptoms associated with it.
In some women fluid accumulation in the uterus remains asymptomatic. Some patients show some of the following symptoms.
- Pelvic pain which results from the accumulation of fluids in the uterus.
- Feeling of heaviness in the lower abdomen
- Feeling of abdominal fullness with abdominal cramps and bloating
- Respiratory problems like difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath along with fever and loss of appetite.
- Foul and offensive discharge from the vagina which is referred as leucorrhea.
- Irregular bowel movements or diarrhea during menses.
- Excessive, painful menstruation, passing large clots
- Prolonged and abnormal menstrual cycle.
- Frequent urination due to the compression of the bladder by the fluids
The cause of fluid accumulation in uterine cavity depends on age.
- In premenopausal women fluid accumulation is associated with pregnancy
- Women at the menopause stage will have intrauterine fluid accumulation
- In women with a history of endometrial ablations the cervical opening becomes stenosed.
- Presence of benign tumors and fibroids in the uterine wall causes fluids in the uterus.
- Foreign bodies like intrauterine devices to control pregnancy may get infected and result in accumulation of fluid in the uterus.
The following are the home remedies that will help in reducing the symptoms of fluid in uterus.
- Reduce Caffeine Intake
If you have the habit of drinking five to six cups of coffee every day, then you are bound to increase the estrogen levels in your body that will lead to fibroid growth. This will also result in fluid increase in your uterus.
- Try to take just a cup of coffee every day and that too in the morning.
- Replace your evening coffee with green tea to reduce the symptoms of increasing fluid in the uterus.
- Make sure that you do not take coffee during your menstrual cycle.
- Avoid Red Meat
It would be ideal for you to avoid over consumption of red meat especially beef. Eating red meat has been found out to be an agent that sometimes doubles the growth of uterine fluids and fibroids.
- It is ideal that you totally avoid commercial meat or meats that are hormone injected.
- Make sure that you go for non GMO red meat if you have the craving for beef. But, consume it just once a week.
- Vegetarian Diet
One of the easiest ways to get rid of fluids in uterus as well as the development of fibroids is to go for vegetarian diets.
- Switch to a complete vegetarian diet and make sure you take a lot of fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
- You will see significant changes in uterine pain, uterine cramping and so on within weeks.
- Also, make sure that you consume on low fat products along with vegetables.
- Avoid Dairy Products
It is ideal for you to remove fatty dairy diets from your meal plan as it will help in increasing fibroid growth as well as reduce the fluids in uterus.
- High fat dairy products like cream, butter, cheese, full cream milk and ice-creams must be totally avoided.
- You can use low fat milk and yoghurt in moderate quantities.
- Chocolates and Colas
Chocolates and colas also contain caffeine as its main ingredients and too much consumption of chocolates and colas will result in the increase of fibroids and fluid in the uterus.
- If you are suffering from symptoms of fluids in uterus, then it is better to avoid chocolates and colas totally as the body will take a long time to metabolize the caffeine in thee products.
- Substitute colas with green or white tea.
- Essential Fatty Acids
Take foods that are rich in essential fatty acids as it will help in metabolizing the saturated fat in your body that is one of the reasons for fluid in uterus.
- Sea greens, sea foods, dark greens, avocado and olive oil are rich sources of essential fatty acids.
- Add these foods in your daily diet to reduce fluid in the uterus and reduce fibroid growth.
- Eat High Fiber Diet
It is important for you to increase the fiber intake to balance the estrogen hormones so that it reduces fibroid growth and fluid in uterus.
- Fiber rich foods like brown rice, what breads and so on has to be used instead of white rice and white bread.
- Eating an apple or a pear everyday will help in better bowel movement and excretion of excess estrogen.
- Cruciferous Vegetables
Adding cruciferous vegetables to your daily diet is very important in improving the estrogen metabolism in your body. This will in turn help in reducing fibroid symptoms and also reduce the accumulation of fluids in your uterus.
- Cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage and Brussels sprouts are the cruciferous veggies that you must take in your daily diet to reduce the symptoms of fluid in uterus.
- Regular Exercise
It is ideal for you to maintain a healthy body weight in order to improve your metabolism and to reduce the secretion of fluid in the uterus as well as reduce development of fibroids.
- You need to exercise regularly to maintain your body weight and to stay healthy.
- You need to exercise for 30 to 45 minutes every day at least five times a week to maintain healthy weight.
- Walking, running, jogging, cycling and swimming are some of the ideal exercises. You can also work out in the gym.
- Avoid Processed Foods
It is ideal for you to avoid processed foods if you have symptoms of fluid in the uterus or fibroids.
- All canned foods, processed foods sold in stores and supermarkets, alcohol, unfermented soy products, sugar and refined carbohydrates needs to be avoided if you want to stay away from the fibroids and fluid in uterus symptoms.
Are you experiencing light pain and fluid movement in your uterus? Do you want to reduce the fluids in your uterus as well as reduce the development of fibroids? Then, you can try out some of the home remedies mentioned above to enjoy effective results.