A person’s strength is not only revealed in his physical appearance but also his charisma and the aura he gives away; this aura is what leaves a lasting impression in the mind of his admirers than whatever physical qualities he might possess. Everyone involved in business or money making process desires to amplify their strengths before their prospective clients; bearing in mind that this is the first route to making sales as well as profit. Being a woman should not be a limiting factor to attaining great heights and inventing solutions to world problems. To be a successful business woman there are certain personality traits that must not be found wanting within you.
Below are 7 strengths to be portrayed by any woman who is willing to take over the business world:
- Ownership Mentality: A great business woman possesses strong ownership of her business, whether good, bad, ugly or exceptionally amazing. You must be willingly to accept the outcome of whatever decision you made in your business. If it is a bad decision, accept it and do not try to pretend it didn’t happen or apportion blames. Pick up the lessons as you trash the mistake. Everyone goes through some kind of ‘hiccups’ on their way to success and people who are confident enough to admit they are wrong; when something doesn’t go as planned will always be admired. A great business woman is one who can remain the boss in good and terrible times. On the other hand, if it’s a big break, own it as well and give yourself a “thumbs up” for it; celebrate your victory and be proud of it. By owning it and taking responsibility, you are being a true business owner, you are setting a great example and you are saving time and allowing yourself to learn, develop and grow.
- A Never-Give-Up Spirit: This emphasizes on the ability to be resilient and persistent. Keeping a business going is much more difficult than starting one as it takes so much persistent and not giving in to horrible situations. According to Albert Einstein in the middle of difficulties lie opportunities. Every business woman must prepare for those windy times that will almost break her to pieces. Don’t be afraid of a challenge, there is a reason that you have got to the point you are at, and it is because you worked for it. Develop a never-give-up spirit that will enable you walk through some tough times and hard punches, because the pride you will feel when you gets those wins will be worth it.
- Assertiveness: Being assertive is an essential strength to attaining a successful business career. Being assertive commands respect in business. Convey assertiveness by being fearless, speaking with authority and purpose. Adopt a confident manner, deal with any criticism rationally and be calm, cool and considered.
- Tactfulness and Approachability: A successful business woman never tries to make tough decisions at the expense of her workers rather she looks forward to a more team-inspired manner. In a healthy work environment, being able to approach a leader and offer opinions is critical and being able to develop a collaborative workplace where everyone has a respected voice will create the best environment where quality solutions develop. Strong business women know how to counter their weaknesses by building relationships where others show strength. In our modern world today, Keeping the office door open and modeling a strong dose of approachability is a women’s under-utilized gift.
- A Strong Sense of Purpose: A strong sense of purpose emphasizes on your ability to believe that what you are doing will make a difference. There is no point in starting a business unless you possess a strong sense of purpose. You have to believe that you are destined for great (and good) things. Take a look at women like Coco Chanel or Oprah Winfrey – they believed they had a purpose in life. They wanted to make a difference, and they certainly did. To be a successful female entrepreneur you have to believe in yourself and believe that what you are doing is making a difference. That strong sense of purpose will be reflected in your business, which will only stand the test of time.
- Open to learning: This skill will go a long way in helping you grow a business. Be open to learning, you can learn from anyone and everyone. You don’t have to be an expert in a particular field but must acquire different skills to become a success story. So apart from learning from people, keep yourself abreast with things happening in the industry by reading up online.
- Passion: Successful business women are always passionate about what they do because they tend to create businesses around the things they enjoy. Oprah Winfrey suffered a difficult childhood, and then built a career around her passion to help others. Anita Roddick was passionate about environmental and social activism and her company, The Body Shop, was the first to prohibit the use of products tested on animals.
Find your own passion, believe in it and turn it into something you can really be proud of. As Anita Roddick once said; “To succeed you have to believe in something with such a passion that it becomes a reality”.