As a woman, tired eyes can give you a worn-out look even if your skincare regime is top-notch.
Remember that younger version of you? She could stay up all night and wake up looking fresh-faced and ready to conquer the world. She’s still in there; she’s just tired.
“Your eyes show the strength in your soul.” – Parlo Coelho
The eyes are the very first place to show signs of aging, stress, lack of sleep, and poor lifestyle habits or otherwise. While makeup can sometimes help, there are other options.
Follow these top tips for sparkling eyes, and you will surely be amazed!
Get Engaged in an Eye Beauty Routine
A good eye beauty routine can help you get clear eyes naturally and make them look more awake.
- Take off all makeup before bedtime. Instead, use a gentle eye-makeup remover and wipe gently with a warm washcloth.
- After that, cleanse your face gently with a mild cleanser.
- Apply an organic or natural eye cream or serum designed to hydrate and brighten your delicate eye area.
- Always apply sunscreen around your eyes, even if you do not plan to spend time outdoors.
These steps can help you maintain healthy, sparkly eyes for years.
Eat Healthy (Eye-loving foods)
Omega 3 fatty acids are great for us—but did you know they’re fantastic for your eyes, too? They can even help keep the delicate structures of the eye better hydrated.
To harness the power of Omega fatty acids in your diet and avoid dry eyes syndrome, you can try a supplement or make sure you eat oily and greasy fish at least twice weekly. However, be careful if you’re pregnant, and stick to certified mercury-free supplements.
Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Dark leafy greens like spinach and kale contain antioxidants such as lutein and zeaxanthin that protect against eye damage. Berry, orange, and carrot are other good choices.
Avoid salty foods. They can cause water retention. While you may be more familiar with its effects on the scale than your eyes, even the slightest bodily imbalance can distort and affect them, causing long-term damage over time.
Make sure to stay well-hydrated to give your eyes everything they need to stay glowing and healthy-looking.
Always Exercise the Eyes
Some people are born with sparkling eyes, but for the rest of us, there are a few simple eye exercises you can perform to enhance their beauty.
Exercise #1 Sit comfortably and rub your hands together to create heat. Then, place your palms on your closed eyes and relax.
Exercise #2 Focus on an object in the distance for a minute or two, then switch to focusing on an object close to you.
Exercise #3 Roll your eyes in different directions for a minute or two.
Exercise #4 Look at an object far away for 20 seconds, then close your eyes and try to picture the object in your mind. This exercise will help improve your eyesight.
Exercise #5 Visualize. Close your eyes and imagine a bright light shining on your eyelids. Try to make the light as colorful and intense as possible. Hold this image for 20 seconds, then release it and blink rapidly for 30 seconds.
Maintain Good Eye Health
Makeup tips alone cannot fix red, dry, scratchy, and puffy eyes. But luckily, caring for your eyes is easy.
If you live in a hot or high-altitude climate, the air quality can be arid, which is a significant cause of red or itchy eyes. And the more you fuss with them, the puffier they become. For those with allergies, it’s even worse.
- Know your allergens and avoid them as much as possible. Pollen, dust, and pet dander can irritate and inflame your eyes. Stay inside when pollen counts are high, and keep your house clean to minimize dust exposure.
- Add a humidifier to the spaces you spend the most time- think offices and bedrooms—to restore a more comfortable humidity level—resulting in beautiful bright eyes.
- Avoid unnecessary exposure to dry winds and smoke, whether on a motorcycle or in a natural climate and care for your peepers.
- Rubbing your eyes often can make them look bloodshot. Please resist the urge to touch them.
- Use an extra pillow under your head at night to prevent fluid retention around your eyes.
Fall in Love with Rose Water
If you’re wondering how to get beautiful eyes, rose water is a popular remedy for dull and lifeless eyes. Due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-infective properties, it helps to reduce puffiness and brighten the eyes.
Put a few drops of rose water on a cotton pad and apply them to the eye. Then, store rose water in the fridge to add instant refreshment and chill.
So dear Divas, clear and sparkling eyes are a sign of vitality and health and bring an inner glow to the table that’s hard to beat. By taking care of your eyes with these simple beauty tricks, you will look radiant all the way around, letting your natural sparkle shine.