A little black dress is very classic and timeless staple outfit to have in your wardrobe both during the holiday season and all year round. No matter how many fashion trends come and go, the little black dress continues to stand the test of time and prove to the world that it is indeed a classic piece! Fashion experts agree that this is the one single item of clothing that every woman should have at hand to get her out of a dressing rut. Helping you master the “art” of buying a little black dress that can be adapted for multi occasions weather is required.
We’ve gone out to help you with seven things to consider when buying the little black dress:-
- Recognize that you are a unique personality and stick to it: Do not let trends dictate your taste. Even though, trends should be used as an inspiration to enhance your wardrobe; it should not be your centre for attraction. Learn to incorporate the trends that work for you.
- Is there any part of your figure you want to show off or hide? Then examine body. Consider how you feel about your body and choose a dress that makes you comfortable. Comfort should be placed above fashion. This also means choosing a fabric that moulds to your body properly, does not itch or pinch and does not make you feel self-conscious. Make sure you can sit and walk on it comfortably.
- Simplicity is the new sophistication, so keep it simple knowing that, being simple is exceptional. In purchasing a black dress, you have to pay a good attention to lace, sequins flowery application whether the dress is short or long. Avoid low cut dresses or to risqué side splits, unless of Course you have other black dress that can suit in more formal affairs. Adding jewellery or an impressive bag and matching pair of shoes can make even the simplest dress stunning.
- A little black dress is meant to be that go-to-item that you can wear anywhere and anytime, especially when all fails, so look for a dress that’s practical and versatile. Don’t buy a dress that’s too fussy; the key is to make sure the shape flatters you.
- Choose a comfortable dress. This means choosing a fabric that moulds to your body properly, does not make you self-conscious. Always consider cotton as a good choice since it adapts to almost every occasion and your comfort should be your priority.
- Don’t diet to fit into your dress. Many women will buy a “goal” dress to fit into when they lose that 10 pounds, but this can backfire. A one- time diet to fit into a one-time dress is neither smart nor healthy. Look for a dress that fits you and not the other way around.
- Inject fun into your black dress. A pop of colour can instantly perk up any dull outfit, whether it’s in the form of heels, a belt, a clutch or even a bright printed scarf that represents your personality.
Not only do actions speak louder than words, even appearance screams louder than your words: this also implies that the importance of making the right choices of clothes cannot be overemphasized. So don’t just pick a little black dress but the best that describes you as an exceptional personality.