By Aditi Maheshwari
Women have a formidable list of activities simply because of being a woman. Being tired is surmised to be a weakness. Success however should not be confined to result specific but on the contrary, it should be a reflection of the best choices made. The will to stand up for oneself and others is not easy and requires immense courage to be executed but women’s legacy is of comfortably handling the discomforts.
Sharing in this article what can be the best choices to stay fit for a woman, no matter whether you work from home or office.
- Eat a good breakfast and depend on healthy snacks to avoid lifestyle diseases. Stay hydrated by drinking a sufficient amount of water.
- Since desk jobs are not generally manually intensive and more sedentary in nature, it leads to back-breaking, muscle tension and strain, neck pains are quite common and such other kinds of problems, it is advisable to take short breaks and walk around for few minutes in between tasks.
- Sneak some daily dose of workout every time you use your desk, e.g., do some chair squats by lowering into an inch of a chair pretending to be sitting down, hold it for around 20 seconds. Fidgeting is another way to keep your body in movement.
- Maintain a proper posture while working, keeping your back straight. Sitting in a correct posture does not only reveal confidence, it also has various health benefits as well. It helps to strengthen your core muscles, is good for your spinal cord, helps tighten your tummy.
- Although it’s good to be consistent with the gym activities even if you are unable to go to the gym for whatever reason, you can still practice some workouts at home before or after your days work such as abs workouts, push-ups, squats and lunges, jump side twists, Russian twist, heel touchers, crunches, plank, side pulses, leg toning exercises, stretching etc. Also, if you have a little experience you can try Zumba at home by switching on some music and it will turn out to be great fun to rock and roll.
- Deep breathing can be exercised anywhere irrespective of the place. Deep breathing helps in calming the tense muscles, helps in balancing heart rate and has great positive results.
- Yoga and meditation are well-known energy boosters. They increase flexibility, cleanse and nourish your inner self, etc basically an activity that provides wellness at a core level.
- Laughing exercise is an interesting way of reducing stress and is always good to brighten your mood.
- Walking regularly has great health benefits for people of all ages. It strengthens the heart, boosts the immune system, eases joint pain, etc.
Revolutionize your fitness regime and add some cheerful countenance to your personality.
What powers an individual is his/her ability to think deeply about themselves and others. When you are healthy that’s when you can serve better and live better. You can’t pour from an empty cup. Thinking about your own health is not selfish, it’s necessary. Be an example of self-love and inspire others in the process. A lady is the foundation of the family and foundation is often ignored but the stability of the family depends on the foundation and so it’s important to ensure that the foundation is strong and healthy.
Wrapping up on a lighter note, enjoy the experience of the Dumbbell Dance in a poetic form:
The Dumbbell Dance!
Lifting up and down, open and close, feeling fiasco initially. Velocity of movements varying as per the weights I carry. Alternating the weights drives me nuts.
Feels like a drag race.
Repetitions sound like death calls.
Resisting ways to sneak out.
The dormant anger though accumulated by other reasons starts getting active.
To build the right muscles and strength can appear to be baking up yourself as a cake.
Trimming yourself feels bulky at first.
Doggedly framing your mind for the freaking activity of shaping your dreams fuels the staying power.
Ignoring the sluggish responses and diligently working out, the concept of pain makes you strong, actually comes true in the direct sense.
Hour of weight training suddenly makes you forget the concept of tranquillity.
Time stands still when the music starts disintegrating and things start sucking.
Knowing the truth that the rewards are priceless starts irritating. Freedoms to skip the gym without a twinge of guilt are the thoughts that start dancing in your head.
The quest to kill what you can’t save.
The swift current of your complete attention on the weights. Releasing the fear of being judged and performing only to build strength and improve oneself when my mind has been dumbed down and my willpower crippled.
The trial is refining me. The test is strengthening me.
How I wish I could be strong without these puddles of weights. Still, the first inklings of new growth cheer’s me up for the ride.