Editor – Job Vacancies
Amazons Watch magazine, seeks to engage editors for its office in Abuja – Nigeria.
We are looking to hire candidates based in Abuja for full-time positions.
The Editor shall be responsible for writing proofreading and editing stories for the magazine, taking assignments from the Group Managing Editor.
Ideal candidate is expected to have five (5) years’ experience and a bachelor’s degree or higher in English, journalism or communications related field. Professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
Candidates with experience in journalism and reporting, and skills in magazine-style feature writing and editing, as well as the ability to produce user-engaging daily news stories for online publication, are encouraged to apply.
To apply, kindly send an email with the following documents:
– Application Letter
– Resume with link to relevant clips or websites you’ve worked on (Where applicable)
– Email Subject – “Position – Your Name”
General Requirements and Skills
All candidates must be Social-media savvy, with an existing track record, and able to understand the indices for trending stories.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Experience in creative writing
- Ability to generate creative ideas for the magazine
- Headline casting skills
- Collaborative skills/ Team player
- Willingness to learn
- Social Media Experience (beyond Facebook or Twitter account; e.g. LinkedIn and other professional social media platforms)
Deadline for application: July 20, 2018
For inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +2348095971101